5/23/11

I wish all books would end like Harry Potter

Ugh! I hate it when the end of a book leaves you hanging, especially when the rest of the book is really well written.  You go through it.  You read the whole thing, waiting and waiting for some explanation.


 And....


 Splat!  They throw something at you like "and even though everything was in complete despair, they felt inside their hearts that it would be ok."  Or...  "He didn't know if he would ever make it, but for this one moment everything was going to be ok."  I mean what kind of ending is that!  It's like they had no idea how to end it, so they came up with an ending that doesn't really end at all.




 I just spent five hours straight reading "The Giver" from cover to cover.  I got it at the library today and I just couldn't put it down, (don't be to impressed it's a short book.)  But unfortunately, I was disappointed.  Don't get me wrong, it was a really good book, just a bad ending.


From:  Google
(Oh my.  That old guy kinda looks like a really sad Santa.)



But wait!  I had a brilliant idea to fix all this,

I thought to myself.

 I wish all books would end like Harry Potter; no loose ends, making it a happy ending without... "and they all lived happily ever after."  Or like Shakespeare where everybody dies at the end,  (Hey, you know its true.)  It needs to be perfectly balanced with a sense of completion. 

 So, I'm starting a petition that J. K. Rowling should re-write the end of every good book that has a bad ending.



2 comments:

  1. Yeah. I agree, that was the best book ever (apart from hp) but it had a loose ending. supposedly there are two other books that sort of go with that one (the giver): Gathering Blue and The Messenger, but I started Gathering Blue and it wasn't as interesting as The Giver. Although I do want to finish reading it someday (no, I'm not turning into Marissa (hopefully)), because I actually own the Gathering Blue one and the library has the messenger, so it's practically free. ;)

    nice post, btw. HaHa. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amen!

    Haha I totally agree. Bad endings to a good book totally ruins the book. :/

    ReplyDelete